Friday 18 December 2015

NOVEMBER 9 BOOK REVIEW

December 18, 2015

Looks like I'm on the roll tonight.

While uploading photos from yesterday's office Christmas Party and today's wedding, AND listening to James Reid's voice (swoon... he's so macho and his voice is so smooth and cold, how old is he anyway, I've been crushing on teenagers lately, the other one's Shawn Mendez, makes me feel like a cougar) I'll write a review about November 9 by Colleen Hoover. Twas release last November 10, but it took me weeks before considering to read it. I don't know why it took me weeks before reading it. Since i'm in love with Hoover's writing, my expectations were quite high.


Ben and Fallon. I don't really know how to make a background without giving much. So I'll just leave it with "Ben and Fallon" then just read the book. 


Let me tell you (yes, you computer) what my expectations were: so many kilig moments, heartbreaking scenes, the type where my heart would stop for a bit then constrict then I'll be able to breathe again, and LOTS of waterworks. I asked my friend first if she already read it, and told me that i need to prepare lots of tissue before the end because there'll be lots of tears to be shed. 


So, I prepared myself for a battle with the book. Its true, I could not put the book down. I like that it was fast paced (i know you're sensing a BUT), BUT, it was a little unrealistic. Putting myself in Fallon's or even in Ben's shoes, it was hard to do the things they did. Maybe fate was the big culprit in this book. In the middle of the book, I was already predicting the ending, the plot is very... complicated? no, there's a series of events and one thing lead to another and to ben and fallon. Its just, the history is sad and crazy. Ben's love is beautiful yet I couldn't bring myself in his shoes, how he managed to love Fallon, not that Fallon is not easy to love, it's just Ben's situation is so weird.


It was a little disappointing. I shed a few tears but I was expecting more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment