Monday 20 August 2012

STREET FOODS: LITID AND BOPIS


Three years ago, on the bus on our way to Iloilo from Boracay, we heard some foreigners talk about how they only eat "good meat", and I assume after hearing that conversation that we Filipinos eat "bad meat". Maybe bad meat means eating laman loob (intestines, blood, heart, liver and the likes).
Being a Filipino means meating laman loob once in a while. 



The other day I was craving for isaw (chicken intestine), then I saw this orange piece of meat in a stick beside the isaw vendor. I've been seeing these street food since I was in high school and never bothered tasting them. SO the other day, I just pluck up the courage and bought myself these for sure cholesterol infested meat in a stick. It's rubbery and oily and it only costs 3php for the litid (the orange meat) and 2php for the bopis (dark brown meat). The vendor told me it's a beef meat, litid according to my mom are ligaments and the bopis is beef lungs. 

HA! Filipinos can't seem to throw leftovers away and we find ways to make a living out of it and miraculously we LOVE eating it. 



SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

2 comments: