Tuesday 28 August 2012

THE ACADEMY BOOK REVIEW


The first time I saw the cover of this book, the first thought that came to my mind was, she girl looked like Diana Agron! Then I searched for it in goodreads and some of the reviews said that it reminded them of Hana Kimi, the japanese series wherein the lead female went to study in an all boys school to take her brother's place and she fell in love with her roommate. 


THE ACADEMY by Emmaline Andrews is a story about Kris Jameson who's a student in The Academy, an all-boys school, Kris is a mode student, the problem is Kris is a girl. 

This book is similar to the Hana Kimi series, the difference is this setting of this as I would say, post apocalyptic, they live on other solar system and on different planets, it amazing how you would visualize the locations. Kris Jameson has this roommate North, who as described is the ice prince of the Academy. What Kris is fearing is that she would be found out that she was a girl but the most unexpected ( or maybe expected) is that she would fall in love with her roomamate (much like in Hana Kimi). 


You are the brother of my heart, the brother of my soul. I swear here and now to be true to you, to stand ever at your side in times of peace and times of danger. I will let nothing come between us-not war, nor women, nor wine. I will live by your side and die by your side, true even to death. So swear I this sacred pact by blood we now share.
-The Academy, sworn brothers oath


I'm getting familiar with me saying the words "I loved it", in every verdict I give in every book, but what ELSE can I say? I LOVED it! I enjoyed reading it, it made me giddy all the time. I recommend this book!
I'll give it a 5 out of 5!




SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment