Sunday 26 August 2012

THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER BOOK REVIEW

I've been seeing great reviews about this author SARAH DESSEN, and after seeing a list of books of hers, I didn't hesitate to have them, and wasn't surprised that I liked it. THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER is my first Sarah Dessen book, at first I found this book in the family section and I'm all about the romance and I've read the synopsis of the book, it's about family, friendship and a hint of young love in the book. Still I took a chance to read this book.

The book is about overcoming grief of the Macy Queen. Everybody faces grief in different ways, I personally won't know about it but reading this book gave me ideas about grief. Macy lost her father, her mother busies herself with work, her sister cried everything out during the funeral and somewhat became the most normal among them, while Macy is stuck, she didn't know how to deal with grief and she tried to be the best daughter she could be (like the book Perfect Chemistry of Simone Elkeles), perfect is the word she wants to portray. And being fake perfect that she is she had a boyfriend who wants her to be everything he wants her to be (the goody goody perfect may I add). Then he sort of broke up (means, they had a break) with her and found herself having new friends in the form of the Wish Catering. Kristy, the flamboyant and straightforward girl that she is, then there's Wes Baker, the extraordinary talented and gorgeous male specie that he is (insert girl drooling, hahaha!). Now my favorite part, Macy and Wes' very honest friendship which turned something more... because they play this game where they need to tell the truth, (and surprise surprise!) named Truth.

The Verdict, I don't have the first hand experience of really feeling grief (and hopefully not experience it anytime soon), but I think it is very important to for those who is experiencing it to read to book. Having friends will also help. 

Okay, so this is it, I LOVED it, no surprises there! I love how the book is written, careful, good for light reading, and even though it is a little slow paced, it will still keep you reading and finding yourself HOOKED. It kept me reading the whole night (which I now don't usually do nowadays for the pimples in my face keeps multiplying), having giddy moments and muffled laughs. Macy and Wes' relationship is slow but playing the Truth game made it more meaningful, I mean saying things you don't usually tell your friends, even your closest friends, no holds barred, and their honesty made them closer with each other than with anyone else. 
Then there'e Macy's mother being all workaholic and after years of her husbands' passing, she haven't grieved properly and finally letting everything go as they may when she finally realized she could control everything even her own emotions because sometimes, you just let thing happen as they happen. 


As for the title, The Truth About Forever, it just simply states the question, what will you do with the forever you have in your life? The long or short span of your living is your forever, and how you're going to spend it is in your own hands and in everything that surrounds you.

All in all, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5. 

Looking forward to reading my second Sarah Dessen book. 



SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment