Friday 17 August 2012

PERFECT CHEMISTRY BOOK REVIEW

I
I have a thing for bad boys in books, although I don't think it's a good idea being with them in real life. Perfect Chemistry is the first book of Simone Elkeles (author of How to Ruin Trilogy) and it is about the oldest of the Fuentes siblings. 
I only get a glimpse of gangbangers in the Mexican community in television shows and documentaries but I don't have much knowledge about it. By reading this book I get the idea of how Mexicans in America face the tough life dealing with gangs, drugs and guns.

The book is about Alex Fuentes, the oldest of the Fuentes boys. Since their father died when he was 6 years old, he has to deal being the father figure of the family, taking all the responsibilities and above all, being a member of the Latino Blood to protect his family.Then there's Brittany Elles, the rich white girl from the north side of town where the rich American people live. She's all about hiding the truth about her family and making it seems everything is perfect while everything is falling apart. Brittany and Alex found their undeniable connection in Chemistry class and they both can't ignore it.

Well, I don't want to go on and on about the story and spoil everything, so here's the verdict.

I think the book is perfect in the star-crossed lovers category. Both Alex and Brittany found what they least expect in each other while they are the opposite of what they are expected to be with. I came from the Philippines so I don't know much about being in high school in the US, from what I've read, you should always stay with your own kind, and with Alex and Brittany, they broke all the rules so they can be with each other. PLUS, there is Alex's affiliation with the Latino Blood which makes it more interesting and how love can change Alex's outlook in life with the Latino Blood. I know it's cheesy but I know everyone wants to feel giddy once in a while and this book will surely make you feel giddy after all the drama.

I also love the epilogue, having an epilogue means having a happy ending and not wondering how the characters end after the book. It's like having closure. 


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment