Friday 24 August 2012

THE NEXT BEST THING BOOK REVIEW


I've grown fond of Kristan Higgins' books ad I think this is my 4th or 5th book of the author. My expectations are quite high, not that I LOVED every book she's written but I've been expecting a little more from her, and from what I've known, this book, THE NEXT BEST THING is published 2010 and it has more pages that from her previous books. And having high expectations made me more disappointed with this book. 


This book is about Lucy Lang, a widow who's now looking for a new husband, a husband that she will not fall deeply in love with, since losing her love of her life made her world fall apart. The twist is that she's but having a friends with benefits relationship with her dead husband's brother, when she decided she wanted to get married, she kinda broke up with him, and him is named Ethan Mirabelli ( I like the name Ethan, there's also an Ethan in Emily Griffin's Something Blue, just sayin'). Oh and there's also this thing about their family losing every guy they married before they turned 50. Her mother and two aunts both lost their husbands before they reach thirty and her sister Corrine is also scared that her husband will die anyday and her fate will be like Lucy's. 

There's so much drama, there's a lot of stories within a story, it will make you impatient like it did me and just be plain angry for how's Lucy is reacting to everything, she's so blind, and I think wanting a husband who you will not love is just plain twisted. Then there's Ethan, waiting, waiting waiting, always waiting, who didn't have the guts to tell Lucy how he really feels.Then there's the dime, the Doral-Anne situation, the weird Jimmy (her dead husband) look a like and the dead whisperer. Check the toast! 

I'll be giving this book a 2 out of 5. 

SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment