Saturday 4 August 2012

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE BOOK REVIEW

 I have just finished my first book of Kristan Higgins, Too Good to be True. I've had four other book of Higgins and I'm thinking this won't be the last book for me to read. 

How to start, well, I'm the kind of person who gets irritated when reading about people who just can't get the truth out, and when one single lie is out, it keeps on multiplying because of nosy people, AND in this books case, Grace can't seem to stop lying to her family so that her family won't feel sorry for her.

Grace had a fiance, Andrew who fell in love with her younger sister, Natalie whom she loved ever so dearly, so she let her fiance break their engagement, and being the good sister that Grace is, urged the romance between Natalie and Andrew. Grace, had this hunk of a neighbor named Callahan whom she thought as a burglar at first when he moved in next door, and later she found out was an ex-con. Seems there's so much going on in Grace's life, so she just thought of a simple way to deal with ALL of it, CREATE AN IMAGINARY BOYFRIEND, Wyatt Dunn, the pediatric surgeon, who's a workaholic, saves children and kittens' life!

Well she can't keep lying forever, can she? Until everything went so right with his gorgeous ex-con neighbor, she must set everything straight!

Here's the Verdict. 
The story is a wee bit slow paced, it made me skip some lines (yes, lines and not pages unlike the fifty shades trilogy), there's so much "describing" and "retelling" going on, the Grace-Callahan love affair was short (and I have to admit, I'm expecting more...), and the story is a bit mixed up, I think that's the trouble of having a lot of story in one book or maybe it's just me that I couldn't keep up with the story. There's lot of names to remember, or you think you should remember at first, then had no roles in the end, like Grace's students (Grace is a teacher), and there's this career of teaching that just make the book longer and boring.  BUT the fact that I managed to read it until the end, shows that the book is interesting enough to read in a few hours time.

I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5.


superjola.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment