Wednesday 1 August 2012

MY LIFE NEXT DOOR BOOK REVIEW

  I'm in the middle of finding the third book of "How to Ruin Trilogy", the How to Ruin your Boyfriend's Reputation when I came across with this book by Huntley Fitzpatrick, My Life Next Door.

It got my attention because it was so different from what I was reading (How to Ruin My Teenage Life), the main Character, Samantha Reed. Samantha is a good girl, calm, observant and she doesn't have any teenage angst (any at all), she follows what her mother tells her and doesn't blame her father for leaving them. 

Everyday she observes her next door neighbor, the Garrets, she watches them from their roof for ten years. The Garrets have a big family, A family of ten, until one day, one of the boys, Jase Garret came to Samantha and became friends with her and eventually became her boyfriend. 

I don't want to tell you about the whole story, so this is what I think about the book.

This is such a refreshing book, no heavy dramas, and I think I relate to Samantha in some ways, being a good girl (ahem!), keeping secrets, and falling for a boy, who your parents have no idea you're even seeing or talking in the first place, not telling anyone about it and eventually confessing about it in the end. Having  a friend or best friend fell out of love (I know the "fell out of love" part is for lovers but you get the point) with each other, having your boyfriend's family bigger than yours, and having other friends who is always there for you and supporting you till the end. 

The boy, Jase Garret is also refreshing as a male leading in the book, he takes his time with Samantha, loves his family unconditionally, understands his parents in every way, doesn't blame them for having lots of children, ever so helpful with his younger siblings and changes diapers (which is a PLUS PLUS PLUS!). I think he's the perfect boy to be in love with and everybody will be in love with him reading this book.

What I didn't like was the ending, it was a little short for me, I was looking for more, expecting for more, but I guess, it's up to your imagination what happened next.

I'll give this book 4 out of 5 stars.



superjola.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment