Sunday 10 January 2016

PANDACA PYGMEA

JANUARY 11, 2016

RANDOM THOUGHTS

I'm going to Bicol next month for a Convention. Naga is the exact location but, since I'm going there, might as well have a little side trip to Legaspi, Albay. I booked a plane to Legaspi, while searching for places to go in Legaspi, I found Lake Danao and read the word Pandaca Pygmea. Pandaca Pygmea was once declared the smallest fish in the world, which can be found in Lake Danao. 

Pandaca Pygmea, the words stuck to me as a little child. 

I think I was about 8 years old when I attended a birthday party. The clowns in that party was fooling around, asking kids random questions thinking we don't know the answers.We were asked the question "Ano ang pinakamaliit na isda sa buong mundo?". Many answered "Dilis", and I being the shy kid that I was blurted out "PANDACA PYGMEA". The kids looked at me differently, like "what the hell is she saying" look. Even the clowns had that look. I explained it is found in Lake Danao and it really IS the smallest fish in the world. :) 

I got the prize. Maybe it was discussed at school that year that it stuck to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment