Sunday 4 September 2016

SENSOJI TEMPLE

 Sensoji Temple is located in Asakusa, Tokyo, it is one of the most popular tourist spots in Tokyo. Asakusa is like a backpackers area of Tokyo, there are lots of hostels and guesthouse in Asakusa.

Kaminarimon
The entrance to the temple


 Going to the Sensoji Temple, you will pass by the Nakamise Dori, or the Nakamise Street, wherein you can buy souvenirs and
food.
They have everything and anything you can imagine for a souvenir, paintings, bookmarks, nailcutter, postcards, mugs, keychains, ref magnets, even Kimonos. I didn't try to haggle because prices are cleary indicated on the items. It's very easy to communicate with the sellers though some of them don't speak english. They have their calculators in their hands. :)

My advice is to have this as your last stop for the day so you can buy souvenirs before going back to your place. You can also buy souvenirs at 100 yen stores, they have one in Takeshita Street and the airport.
They also sell food, ice creams, snacks and even takoyaki near the temple.




There are streets surrounding the Sensoji area where you can find cafes and restaurants



Food they are cookin'




Sweet Potato

Takoyaki
There's an eating area in the vicinity. Vending machines and chairs. 

One of my favorite things about Japan is the vending machines, they are so fascinating. 

So, I also tried Omikuji, it's like fortune telling, japanese version, I was very confused at first, then I just do what the others did and voila, 
I had regular fortune I was happy at that. :)

Koya, pakoya
The instructions
 



I had regular fortune. :)  not bad considering there's a blog saying, there's a high rate of bad fortune in Sensoji's Omikuji.

Five Storey Pagoda

Some blog says that it's pretty to see at night once the stores are closed, but I didn't get to try to go because, because of ma.




The Sensoji Temple

It forbidden to take photos inside the temple, so we just stored it in our memories.
See the smoke, it is said to grant wishes if you let yourself be consumed of the smoke. 
I didn't try it because I didn't know it purpose at first, I just found out about it after out trip. Sayang.











Turista Mode ON



Asakusa Shrine

That day was a national holiday in Japan, Culture day, there were children dressed in kimono in the Asakusa Shrine.



Statues 
Boshi Jizo Statue
Mother and Children Statue

Statues of Kannon Bosatsu and Seishi Bosatsu




Weeeee!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment