Saturday 6 October 2012

MOCHICREME

Japanese food had always been a big mystery for me. And just last Sunday, my good friend Chit, introduced me to this japanese ice cream store, Mochicreme

Let me enlighten you on what "mochi" means.

Mochi (餅) is a Japanese rice cake made of glutinous rice (not to be confused with gluten) pounded into paste and molded into the desired shape. (Thanks wikipedia!

Mochi Ice Cream is a ball of ice cream covered with mochi. That's it. 

You need to wait for a few seconds because the mochi is hard as stone and you need for it to be soft for you to eat it.

Mochicreme is located in SM Megamall, in front of the SM Cinema Cinema 7 to 12.

Their best seller is the Azuki Red Bean which costs 65php. I had the Blue Vanilla, and well, it's a little bland for my taste, but the mochi part is just so good to my tongue, it's like a hard version of jellyace. Price ranges from 60php to 65php. 










Blue Vanilla Mochi



SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment