Saturday 1 December 2012

DELIRIUM BOOK REVIEW

Arg, I can't help compare books  I'm currently reading from the books I've already read. Like this one, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, I can't help but notice that it has similarities from the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

But let me tell you first what this book is all about, Post apocalyptic time, people are scared of love, they treat love as a disease, which kills, mentally kills people then when they are infected, their actions change and the result of love is what the government is concerned about. They don't see love as a good thing, and children from a very young age despises love, they should not show any care to anything or to anyone, Everyone is being
monitored.

By the time they reach eighteen, they undergo a procedure in which after, you won't be able to feel anything, love, hate, hurt, happiness or any emotions. You'll just be like a robot and do what you need to do and not act it out of love.

Lena has been following rules since she could remember, never getting out of line, even she monitors her own thoughts, she's only months to having the procedures, she couldn't be any happier to get the procedure over with. She just want to be like everyone. The procedure will make her normal and there will be no chances for her having the deadly disease. But when her bestfriend Hana opens her to the world of possibilities of being able to think free,she now questions her beliefs. Her confusions became stronger when she met Alex (swoon), is love really that dangerous? is love really bad? She had her answer when she became infected with love.

“Love: It will kill you and save you, both”

The story was well-written, I loved how love can be seen as a bad thing, and it will get you thinking that sometimes love or the hurt that you get from love is as bad as the physical love you could inflict a person. At first I was a little hesitant reading this like I did in Hunger Games Trilogy but, I find myself hungry for more at the end. I didn't like cliff hangers, and the end of this book just irritated the hell out of me.


4.5 out of 5. 


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment