Tuesday 27 November 2012

THE DUFF BOOK REVIEW

THE DUFF: THE DESIGNATED UGLY FAT FRIEND by KODY KEPLINGER

The moment I laid eyes on the first chapter, I knew I would LOVE this book! This one sounded very much like Sarra Manning's Adorkable and God knows how much I love that book. 

Okay, let me tell you what the book is about, Bianca feels normal the minute before Wesley Rush talked to her, but when he opened his big mouth and told her that she was the Duff of her little group of friends, Bianca's life changed,
well, what she thought of herself changed. She now feels a little conscious about herself and see people around her clearly. Well, that was one of her problems,and when her ex-boyfriend who broke, crushed her heart came back and her parents' relationship is standing on thin ice, she found her refuge on none other than the devil himself, Wesley Rush.

In comparison to Adorkable, Bianca is just a normal who doesn't really care about what others think of her, while Jeane in Adorkable is this self-proclaimed dork and by looking (I'm just imagining looking at her) you'll know her dress shouts her dorkiness. Wesley is a playboy, while Michael Lee (Adorkable) is the boy-next door type. But what really are the similarities of the two books? Bianca and Jeane both have problems, in which they couldn't just face and they turn to these guys for escape. 

I just simply love the story and how the author (written in Bianca's point of view) tells it. The book is fast paced, and it definitely got me wanting for more after the end of the book.

I'll give four out of five. 


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment