Friday 2 November 2012

REASON TO BREATHE BOOK REVIEW

Reason to Breathe is my first novel of Rebecca Donovan. At first, I was a hesitant to read this book because I've seen the plot on goodreads, and I have already guessed there's violence involved and this is my first time reading such book.


Emma keeps everything to herself, even her best friend doesn't really know what going on inside Emma's house. Then she met Evan, he seemed very much interested in
Emma and Emma couldn't afford having Evan in her life, not now that she is still living in their house. So they called their relationship friendship, until it became more. Evan still doesn't know her secret but he keep getting glimpse of it.

“We were engaged in a very intricate dance of touching without touching, knowing without saying, and feeling without expressing. We were friends walking along a ledge, a very thin ledge - and I was too caught up in my heightened awareness of his existence to realize how close the ledge was to crumbling beneath my feet.” ― Rebecca DonovanReason to Breathe

This book was a first for me, never mind that it's long, but the details are so overwhelming I found myself stopping in the middle of all of it.Maybe I'm just not used to reading this kind of material but the story is so intriguing, it kept me fueled and I found myself hungry for more. 

On the downside, sometimes, I get so frustrated to the main character because she couldn't fight for herself, I know she cares for the little ones, but I think that isn't enough when your sanity is at stake.


Three point five out of five.  


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment