Saturday 3 November 2012

UNSTICKY BOOK REVIEW

Unsticky is written by now one of my official favorite author, Sarra Manning

Grace Reeves' world revolves around money. She loves money and everything she could buy with it. But the only problem is, she hasn't got ENOUGH for her wants. 

Vaughn is this very rich, older man, who Grace thought could solve her problems. Maybe he is the answer to solve her problems, her financial problems. 


My first thought about this book is that, Confessions of a Shopaholic meets Fifty Shades of Grey (not the gross part of fifty shades). But this book is 100 percent better that the said books,
Unsticky have a caliber of it's own, there's no need to compare it to any other book. 

Even though the book is long, the story is fast paced, you'll be surprised you've finished half of the book already. That's one of the reasons I love Sarra Manning's books, YOU WILL NOT GET BORED AT ALL. 

I found a part of myself in Grace, splurging on things (in my case food AND things) that I do not really need, and regret my actions hours after I've spent. Grace is this girl who I think appeals to every woman, she has flaws and tries to hide instead solve her problems. And I think every woman who will read this book will find a piece of herself in Grace, she's just so universal, you'll love and hate her at the same time just because she's just like you.

Then there's the Vaughn, his character is so weird, control freak, ex-food addict and commitment phobic. In textbook, Vaughn is so wrong for Grace, but in the end, just like Grace' line...

“We're broken. It's like we have all these jagged edges that scare other people off, but when we're with each other, our jagged edges fit together and we're almost whole.” 

they are both scarred, broken characters but they somehow fit together.



I'll give this 4.5 out of 5. 


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM 




No comments:

Post a Comment