Sunday 26 May 2013

CRACKED UP TO BE BOOK REVIEW



CRACKED UP TO BE by COURTNEY SUMMERS . 

I've had this book in my reader for almost five months already. The cover is not really alluring, I can't even remember why I got this book in the first place. I've read Summers' Fall for Anything, with high expectations after reading the plot, but was let down after finishing the story. Talking about a very major cliffhanger. That book was a total waste.

BUT!


This book was the total opposite of "Fall for Anything"., I loved
it from the very first line to the very last sentence. It's not your ordinary teenage love book, and it's perfect.


Parker Fadley was the perfect student, and then after her best friend disappeared, everything about her changed, alcohol became her best friends's replacement. She blames herself from her best friend's disappearance, and all she wants is to be left alone. From being the cheer leading captain to the school's pain in the ass, from the class' topnotcher  to becoming a failure. Nobody would have guessed she would turn out like this. But no one knows the truth.

I love love LOVE, I'm in love with this book, I know it's a little bit depressing, OKAY maybe "little" is the understatement of the year, I KNOW it is depressing, BUT I was so into it. Very entertaining and never got bored in any part of it.  I'm giving this book a two thumbs up! 

Parker doesn't want anyone near her so she broke every relationship she had, with her friends, with her boyfriend and even with her parents, so she could forget everything that happened the night her best friend disappeared. I  know, Parker has a point with what she is doing, when everyone doesn't get you and thinks of you as if you had a serious head case, you'll be doing what Parker is doing. But, while she doesn't want anyone in, she's in the process of destroying herself as well. 

Four out of Five STARS. :))


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM




No comments:

Post a Comment