Thursday 16 May 2013

THE ELITE BOOK REVIEW

So I can't contain myself after I finished Kierra Cass' The Selection. I was on my way home from work when I bought my second book. I didn't have the time to reflect on what I really thought about the first book. 


The second installment of Kierra Cass' The Selection series. THE ELITE. 

Now now, I LOVE The book 1, so my expectations are quite high for the sequel. I was in love with Prince Maxon in the first but in the second, I was second guessing myself. 

Here's how it goes, America Singer, is still confused on who to pick, Aspen or Prince Maxon? She says she needs more time, but she's not the only one who's doing
all the picking. She's in a competition for Prince Maxon's heart. So when The Selection narrows down to The Elite, no surprise she's still in the race since Prince Maxon promised from the beginning to keep her until the end, until Prince Maxon needs to pick his heart's desire. But when her relationship with Prince Maxon becomes complicated and they are way past friends zone, America seems to be picking Prince Maxon but because of some very unexpected events, America sees what the real life in the castle is really like, and if she picks Prince Maxon, she'll be dealing with everything and maybe losing a little of herself on the way. Now it's not only the question of what her heart wants but what her belief really is or if the castle will take away who she really is. 

I was a little upset with Prince Maxon in this book. But I guess I couldn't blame him for America is taking all the time she can get but that the problem, her time is not enough. So Prince Maxon is looking for back up, but when America finds out, she freaks out, actually, I think she brought it to herself. She deserved what she discovered. She can't have both Aspen and Maxon wrapped around her finger all the time. And I really hope in the last installment, Aspen finds a girl who is much better than America. He's loyal and America doesn't deserve him, they're better off as friends anyway, with all the advice he's giving her, event though he know's he's got competition.

I'll be making a lot of assumptions on the third and last installment of the series. 1.) Maxon's affection toward America will be lesser, which makes America more fueled on gaining Maxon's trust and affection again. 2.) Maxon will find out about Aspen and be will so pissed with America. 3.) Just like what happened in the Hunger Games, America will stand up against the King and bring down the government and finally living equally and with peace, no more numbers no more hunger. 4.) Maxon will realize how great of a girl America is and pursue her again and they will live happily ever after.

THAT'S IT! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE THIRD BOOK! OH WHY MAY 2014 SEEMS SO FAR AWAY.

Maybe I should make a bet with someone about my assumptions on the Third book. That looks like a very nice idea. 

THREE OUT OF FIVE. All because I'm very much disappointed with Maxon and America.

SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment