Sunday 27 January 2013

CALLUM AND HARPER BOOK REVIEW

My first book of Amelie Fisher is CALLUM & HARPER. It has been in my "to-read" list for a very long time and at last I get to find a copy.

Callum and Harper both has similar situations. They both have no parents and relatives left to claim them, they are now in their dreaded 18th year, no one wants to adopt them anymore and both have nowhere else to go. They met at the most peculiar place,
the Social Services waiting for the Social workers to call their names and find them a place to stay.

But when the sky poured of bad luck, they were both first in line. The day they met in Social Services, that's the day they became inseparable. With no money in their pocket, nowhere else to go, they find comfort in each other. But when Harper's past came hunting her down, they had no choice but to be stuck to each other to keep each other safe. 

“One day, you and I are gonna wake up and be alright. 
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day. One day. I promise you.” 
-Callum Tate

Their bad luck has really gotten through my skin, it got me thinking, is there really someone that unfortunate? I mean, day after day they face really tough decisions, guys robbing them after months of hard earned money, a psycho keeps hunting Harper down, almost getting killed, twice, house burning. This book made me cry and angry every other chapter, so I guess, this is really a good book. But what really pissed me off was the characters themselves, their relationship is so weird, I don't know how they managed living in one roof for so long and not knowing each others feeling. Oh well, every book has it's flaw. 

And I LOVE the Cover! 


4 out of 5.

superjola.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment