Friday 28 September 2012

CAFE MOCHA CAKE

I have always wanted to bake, ever since I started watching TLC (Discovery Travel and Living then). I loved Jamie Oliver, Nigella, and I even watched Everyday Italian everyday! (Haha!)

So last week, we celebrated the 2nd birthday of my daughter, and I thought, maybe I should bake! But here's the thing, we don't own an oven! dang! So I googled for desserts that would include me baking using an oven and I saw one! cafe mocha cupcakes from yummy.ph. 

But see, I don't have all the ingredients of the recipe at hand when I made it, so here's my version:


Crust

With the Filling (I know it looks gross, but still it's DELISH!)

No whipped cream!


HOW TO:

For the chocolate crust
28 pieces crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (I used Creams, Vanilla Filling)



2 graham crackers      
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup all-purpose cream
extra softened butter for 
      brushing sides of a pie plate
      or a cupcake pan

For the coffee filling
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons chocolate drink powder
1 tablespoon instant coffee
2 eggs


1  Combine ground chocolate cookies and sugar in a bowl.

2  Add in the melted butter and cream and combine well.

3  Brush sides of the cupcake pan or pie plate with butter.

4  Pour in the cookie mixture and press into the sides and bottom of the pie plate or each cupcake slot of the pan.

5  Place the crust/s in the freezer for at least 1 hour.

6  Make the coffee filling: In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar.Combine cocoa powder and coffee and fold this into the creamed butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, one at a time, folding each egg well every time. Place this filling on top of your frozen crust/s. Level the mixture. Freeze again for at least 2 hours. Right before serving, generously place whipped cream on top and decorate with chocolate pieces.


And I do suggest that you improvise, no need to think you can't do things because you don't have ALL the ingredients or it's not the same as the one in the recipe. Maybe yours will be better than the original. Just saying!


So, thanks to yummy.ph


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment