Wednesday 19 September 2012

THE VINCENT BOYS BOOK REVIEW

I've been listening to Christina Perri's Distance and reading Abbi Gline's The Vincent Boys

The song goes like this,
"And I will make sure to keep my distance
Say I love you when you're not listening
How long Can we keep this up?
And I keep waiting for you to take me
                                        You keep waiting to save what we have"
Listen to the song:
Christina Perri (feat. Jason Mraz) - Distance

And it totally got me thinking that this song is the right song for the book The Vincent Boys.


Beau Vincent, Sawyer Vincent and Ashton Gray had been the best of friends since they were little. All of that changed when Ash, became a girl, a real girl and not just one of the boys. Sawyer saw the transformation and asked Ash to be his girlfriend, and ever since, Beau became a stranger to Ash, they no longer talk to each other and their friendship became nonexistent in a poof!



Until a summer came when Sawyer was away, Ash found herself alone and dependent to Sawyer. Beau became the player that he is until the time when their paths crossed again and rekindled their friendship, but this time, they also found love (in a hopeless place. hehehe).

Now their biggest problem is Sawyer, when the time of his return, how will the three of them end up?

So... I liked it. But the plot is somewhat predictable. I don't understand what's the fuss is all about now that I'm reading some of the reviews on goodreads on this book. It's just an okay book. When I was about to finish the book, I got bored. I was like, okay, let it be finished already, since we all know the ending. Towards the ending, the story was getting slow-paced. 


The song's lyrics is just like the whole story of the book. I don't know if I'll be still reading the sequel of the book, it's Sawyer'S side of the story and his moving on story with Lana (Ash's cousin)

3 out of 5.



SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment