Thursday 13 September 2012

FLIPPED MOVIE REVIEW


I saw the book Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen last week when I was browsing in goodreads.com, it has become a hobby to search for my next book to read even though I have so many lined up, two of my friends gave it a 5 star review and one marked it as to-read book, well it must be a very good book, I thought. Then I took a closer look at the book cover and discovered that it had been turned into a motion picture, I imbd-ed it, and watched it online yesterday. 



And oh how loved the movie! I could almost imagine how it was written in the book, having two sides of the story being told by the two main characters (I tried to find a copy of the book on-line, but failed since it had some copyright issues, and found out the National Bookstores sells the book and it's very very seldom they sell the books I'm planning to read or have read). First of all, I'm not really a fan of children's stories, but I like reading about friends becoming lovers, but in this movie, it's neighbors who became something more. Juli Baker has this one sided relationship with her neighbor Bryce Loski. Bryce always thought of Juli as the very annoying neighbor, since she has been stalking him (Bryce words not mine) since the day the Loskis moved in the neighborhood.

Callan Mcauliffe (Bryce Loski) & Madeline Carroll (Juli Baker)


It had been an amazing story of two amazing people and how they got to like each other even though they are the exact opposites of each other. It's such a fresh of fresh air, very innocent and very honest movie.

I know I'll find myself in the National Bookstore and getting my hands in that 315php book in the near future.


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment