Friday 28 September 2012

LET'S GET LOST BOOK REVIEW

I am now an official fan of Sarra Manning. I'm now on my 5th Sarra Manning book (Unsticky), and just finished my 4th, Let's Get Lost just last night. I just could seem to tear my eyes away from her book. It's all very humorous and serious at the same time. Seeing a person's point of view on how to deal with their problems. 

Isabel, the tough chic who just loves to bitch around everybody, no exceptions, her classmates, friends and even her family. But in every tough exterior has it's sobbing story, and in Isabel's case, a very sad story. She doesn't let anybody in until she meet Smith, she discovered what love is (or what she thought what love is), but her relationship with him is just full of lies, lies to protect herself. She told her best friend (yes, she has a best friend who she also bullies sometimes, because she just can't help herself) how she felt about Smith, but this very best friend used it against her. 

Lies plus lies leads to more lies. And the result damages Isabel beyond repair (well, she'll manage to get through in in the end).


There's this style of writing that Sarra Manning has, when you know the leading character is just so strong and vulnerable at the same time. And I also love how she chooses to pick boys (or describe these boys) who aren't overall attractive and just be glad they are not every other leading male in every other books, who'll you think is all drool worthy and seem as the most handsome of them all. In this case Smith is an average student, not the brightest, and all out yummy but still, you know that he and Isabel will just fit. Then there's the evil trio (Isabel's minion), I thought of them as Blair's minions, like of gossip girl, where they're all honest (you've got to give them credit for that), but still manage to be such a bitch to each other. 

But what I love most of all i this book is the ending. There's a bit of cliff hanger on Isabel and Smith's relationship. And finally Isabel finds closure to everything that's happened to her.

I'm seeing patterns and a certain character who is always present in Sarra Manning's books. Maybe I'll read Guitar Girl after Unsticky.

4 out of 5. Minus one because although this book is certainly a i-wont-sleep-until-I've-finished-reading kind of book, I still haven't had those I-can't-read-another-book-yet-because-I'm-still-hung-up-on-Let's-Get-Lost-book kind of feeling, hence my 4.


SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment