Monday 10 September 2012

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME BOOK REVIEW

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me is a book by my one of my new favorite author Sarra Manning. I just loved how she write books, she's straight to the point and there's almost no boring bits in her writings. Even though this books is very long, I mean 500 plus pages long (and I'm not used to reading books that long anymore since I've finished the Harry Potter series, and even the thought of finishing the last installment of The Twilight saga makes my head hurt), I really enjoyed reading it. 


Oh how I love having strong heroine characters towards their opposite sex, except Neve Slater is so damn insecure of her body. Well, I've never been that large of that of Neve's but I could almost imagine how she lives her life through the book. I think I have the almost same kind of insecurity about myself, and I think all of us has Neve's attitude at their body in some point of our lives because, well, nobody's perfect. But Neve's situation is so much more complicated and her insecurity so much worse that her life revolves around it. 

On the very beginning of the book, Max has already established the his character, the obnoxious (that's what Celia, Neve sister described him) and even described him as a big bad wolf, I even imagined he was like Christian Grey of the Fifty Shades trilogy but, as the story progressed, about fifteen pages later, you could tell, Max is not like Christian in any way. Well, he's sweet and maybe he's just a flirt and couldn't have him any other way. 

Neve had this fantasy of being with her 6 year love (or should I say crush) William and being thin until she met Max and had a sorta-kinda relationship also known as pancake relationship. And I just loved how Max and Neve work on their relationship even thought Neve only uses Max as a practice for the real deal which is William. And along their sorta-kinda relationship, they found out they just fit together, and when William finally returns, Neve has to make some tough (or not so tough) decisions.

Hayyy.. I just couldn't get over it until now (I've finished it last night), and just couldn't move on to my next book because I'm still thinking about Neve and Max. I totes loved them. :))

4.5 out of 5.




SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment