Saturday 1 September 2012

SOPHIE & CARTER BOOK REVIEW

I've been searching for Sophie & Carter  of Chelsea Finefor like eternity and finally found it yesterday and my eyes are itching to read it! I've been wanting to read it because of the plot.

Neighbors. Best friends. Then they fell in love.

I know it sounds very cheesy but that's why I like it. Sophie and Carter are neighbors since they were little, sounds familiar? Well, it sounds very much like what I've just recently finished reading, The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window ( I haven't made a review of that book yet, but I will if I still remember it), Again, they're neighbors, they're always there for each other, and they managed to fall in love despite or because of all the craziness that's happening in their lives. But unlike The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window which have the words "lusting" and "sex" in them, Sophie & Carter is very pure, their love, their relationship even when they were still friends is very pure, which in my opinion is seldom in books anymore. They fell in love because they saw right through each other.

They both have problems in their families, Sophie has a prostitute as a mother and Carter has an abusive father. As they grow older, they had each other at the end of the day (and I mean really at the end of the day) to just relax after the crappy day their having. After years of friendship, they finally discovered they're in love with each other. I know it's very cheesy and all but it just is a perfect book after you've read something like teenagers ranging with hormones book or in my case a girl who suicides book. It's just plain, easy, loving book.

I'll give it a 4.9 out of 5. Minus .1 to be perfect because, I hoped it would be longer. The book is very short, like a long short story. 




SUPERJOLA.BLOGSPOT.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment